August 24, 2021
#AAJA21 Daily Convention Update
#AAJA21 DAY ONE
#AAJA21 is here!
In this issue:
- #AAJA21 Day 1 Program
- Apply for the ABC Storytelling Summit
- Say Hello to Fellow AAJA-ers on Social Media & Use our Photo Booth
- #AAJA21 Reminders
Welcome to DAY 1 of #AAJA21! To convention first-timers and returners, #AAJAFamily newcomers and veterans alike—we’re so excited to kick things off with all of you here to bear witness.
YOU DON’T WANT TO MISS: A needed discussion on the roles of race and activism in journalism during our Opening Ceremony; an exclusive screening of Justin Chon’s Blue Bayou; mixers for our AAJA JCamp and Voices communities. Fill up your agenda, snap a pic in our virtual photo booth and get settled in for a week of outstanding panels, conversations and new memories.
Don't miss your opportunity to learn from ABC's top media professionals
- Date: August 25th, 12:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. EST
- Panels and Discussions with ABC News Executives & Talent
- Writing, Producing, Pitching and Data Driven Journalism Workshops
- Networking Sessions & Career Advice
The ABC News Storytellers Summit encourages the following to apply:
- Producers, Writers, Reporters and Content Creators with (3) years of experience or more
- Seasoned storytellers looking for innovative ways to create news content
#AAJA21 Reminders and Deadlines
- Elections—Voting has begun! Watch a recording of AAJA HQ’s candidate forum, which took place Sunday, August 15.
- Wednesday, August 25 – Voter eligibility deadline (must activate or renew membership by this date), 8 p.m. ET
- Sunday, August 29 – Accept ballots until/voting ends, 8 p.m. ET
- Tuesday, September 7 – Results announced
- On a rolling basis until #AAJA21: CNN Workshop applications (Writers, Producers)
- On a rolling basis until #AAJA21: ABC Storytelling Summit applications (Apply Here)
Thanks to Our Presenting Sponsors:
Having trouble viewing this email? View it in your web browser
You are receiving this email because you are an AAJA member or supporter. Please manage your subscription preferences below.